The mission of Genesis is to Encourage, Educate & Equip individuals to better understand and apply the biblical principles of life, relationships & sexuality into their lives. We offer individual mentoring and group recovery support for men seeking integrity and purity in heart and mind.
The Christian 12 Steps
- We've admitted we were powerless over our addictions and dysfunctional behaviors, that our lives had become unmanageable.
- We've come to believe that God, a Power greater than ourselves, could restore us to sanity and stability.
- We've made a decision to turn our will and lives over to the care of God, as revealed in the Bible.
- We've made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- We've admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- We're entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- We've humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- We've made a list of all persons we have harmed, and have become willing to make amends to them all.
- We've made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- We continue to take personal inventory and when we are wrong, promptly admit it.
- We've sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as revealed in the Bible, praying for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we've tried to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Hope & Healing
- The American Family Association reports the average age men are first exposed to pornography is 11 years old. Also, the most common source is their father's collection.
- Genesis is a faith based, Christ centered ministry that helps win the battle some men experience with pornography and other forms of sexual brokenness.
- Genesis meetings and attendees are always confidential. Meeting are not open to public walk-ins and are held on a weekly basis.
- For any questions or further information, please call: 717-567-3333 (office) or 717-602-6722 (cell).