Newport Assembly of God Childcare
The Newport Assembly of God Childcare is a state licensed childcare center located adjacent to the Newport High School. We offer a variety of programs for your children and accept childcare subsidy payments. 6:00 am to 6:00 pm
Our mission is to encourage the spiritual, emotional, social, physical and cognitive growth of each child in a loving Christian environment.
To present Christ by example and by teaching His ways to all children under our care, while providing a safe, secure and happy environment filled with love for the children, parents and coworkers
- “Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge.” Proverbs 23:12
- Share the love of Jesus Christ daily
- Christian curriculum that teaches Bible stories, Bible application and Bible verse memorization
- Model Christian values to our school, church and community
- Teach Godly values
- Love, Orderliness, Thankfulness, Giving, Sharing, Friendliness, Obedience, Forgiveness, Joy, Peace, Kindness
- Development of the whole child.
- Provide a developmentally appropriate and stimulating environment
- Active exploration of the environment
- Balance between individual and group activities
- Regular and supportive interaction with teachers and peers
- Balance between active movement and quiet activities
- “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and with all your strength.” Deuteronomy 6:4
- Understand who God is and that He desires a relationship with each of them
- Develop positive self-respect
- Discover nature and the world around them
- Develop an ability to think, question and reason
- Promote the understanding of culture and community
- Enhance fine and gross motor skills
- Encourage creative expressions and appreciation of the arts
Two or more Christian adults from Newport Assembly and other area churches teach each class. They undergo yearly training in child development and health and safety and view their job as a ministry as well as employment. There are substitutes that meet the same standards when it is necessary for regular staff to be absent.
From Rt. 322. If traveling East on Rt. 322, take the Newport exit and turn right at the Stop sign on Rt. 34. If traveling West on Rt. 322, take the Newport exit and turn left at the Stop sign on Rt. 34. Follow Rt. 34 into Newport until arriving at a four way stop intersection. Turn right on Fourth Street. Travel on Fourth Street three blocks. Turn left on Caroline Street. Continue on Caroline and turn left on to 6th street. The church location is on your right.
Give us a call:
253 North 6th Street, Newport, PA 17074